3D Model of Oil platform - Jackup Rig
This project was designed to demonstrate the potential of 3D
simulations in the oil drilling industry. The model is navigable as 3D
walkthrough or as completely free bird's view.
Sounds effects and some example captions of equipments and rig parts complete the experience. The realization was based on technical drawings and the consultancy of PETROMY, an international Company specialized in Petroleum Geosciences services.
This simulation is completely customizable, in order to accommodate any Client's need, making it suitable for training, Company presentations and so forth.
More details follow in the description.
- Technical drawings optimization.
- Consulting an expert in oil drilling.
- Identification of elements to make interactive.
- Creation of 3D model based on technical drawings.
- Texturing of model.
- Insertion of the model within the 3D graphics engine.
- Sound effects insertion.
- Programming of interactions.
- Design of navigation modes.
- Design and construction of lighting and photorealistic effects.
- Programming the interactive multiplatform 3D engine.
- Publish the simulation on the Web.